Coventry and Warwickshire Integrated Care Record




The Coventry and Warwickshire Integrated Care Record (ICR) is a way of bringing together all your separate records from the different organisations involved in your health and care. The ICR is confidential. It will let professionals see relevant information about the care and treatment you’ve had across all services.

Local GP surgeries, hospitals, NHS 111, community, mental health, ambulance and social care services will be able to see your records.

Your health and social care records contain important information about you. This might include, for instance, your contact details, medical history, medications, allergies, test results and details of any support you've had from social care or mental health services.

Being able to see your information will help us give you better, safer care.

If you don't want your records to be available to view through the ICR, you can let us know through our website at the address below.

If you need help


What is an Integrated Care Record?

The Coventry and Warwickshire Integrated Care Record helps doctors, nurses, social workers and other health and care professionals to see your information while they are looking after you.

For example, a doctor caring for you in hospital could see information from your local doctor. A social worker could see the names of other professionals involved in your care.

They will be able to see this information from all the local health and social care services where you’ve had care.

This will help them to make the best decisions about your care more quickly.


Why has the Integrated Care Record been set up?

People told us that they didn’t want to keep repeating their information. They wanted health and social care services to be more joined up.

Joined up means that they work better together.

The Integrated Care Record will help health and social care services to work better together.


Who can see my information?

  • Health and social care professionals who are involved in your care can see your records.
  • All health and social care computer systems keep a note of everyone who has seen your record.

What information will they see?

Health and social care professionals who look after you will be able to see the information they need to help them take care of you.

This includes:

  • your name, address, phone number
  • your NHS number
  • the names of the professionals giving you care
  • your medical conditions and history
  • the care and treatment you’ve had 
  • your medicines and allergies
  • results of health tests
  • copies of letters about your care
  • appointments you’ve already had, and your new appointments
  • your health plans
  • your mental health and wellbeing
  • social care plan and assessments.

How will it help me?

Health and social care professionals will work together better to give you care.

The people looking after you can work more quickly.

You won’t be asked the same questions so often.

You may not need so many tests.

You won’t have to explain your social care to health professionals.


Is my information safe?

Your information can only be seen on a computer system that’s safe.

The law says that all people working in health and social care must respect your privacy and keep all information about you safe.

We will not let anyone see your personal information unless they’re involved in your care.


Can I see my Integrated Care Record?

You can ask to look at any information that is being held about you. This includes information on a computer system. Ask any health or care professionals that are looking after you.


Can I choose not to let my information be seen like this?

Yes. Tell the person who is giving you care.

Not letting your information be seen may mean that it will take the people looking after you longer to work out the best way to help you.

Letting your information be seen is often very important for your care.

You can change your mind at any time.


Can my carer decide for me?

Your carer can only decide if they have the legal power to make decisions for you. This is usually through a power of attorney.

A power of attorney is when you decide someone can make some decisions for you in the future.


How to make a complaint

If you want to make a complaint talk to the health or social care professionals who look after you.


For more information

Visit the Coventry and Warwickshire Integrated Care Record website.